Founded in Astoria, NY in January 2010, Beyond Kombucha hand-crafts an artisan rendition of the increasingly popular, ancient fermented tea beverage, “kombucha“. The labor of love of a close community of friends, the company is committed to environmental and economic sustainability of this and all businesses as we move into a new era of social, physical, and spiritual well being.
The Beyond Brewery is the first and only federally and state licensed “alcohol positive” kombucha brewery on the East Coast. According to the QEDC and the Greater Astoria Historical Society, we are also the first brewery in the borough of Queens since prohibition. We opted to procure these licenses in the most sincere effort to maintain the integrity of our product and not compromise the flavor or experience in any way. It would take 5 of our kombuchas, injested in an hour, to produce the “buzz” of an average craft beer. You’ll may feel lifted by the nutrients and minerals, amino acids and B vitamins in our beverage, but it probably won’t get you drunk.
Brewed with fine organic & wild-crafted Asian and traditional teas & medicinal herbs, our kombuchas, ales and sparkling wines include wild-crafted oolong, Egyptian Hibiscus, local NY State local honey and organic maple syrup, and certified fair-trade & organic Yerba Maté and Rooibos teas.
Winter 2013 Kombucha Flavors
1) Yerba Maté : fermented Yerba Maté dulce with a touch of fine Chinese green tea to enhance the flavor and natural effervescence.
2) Vanilla Rooibos : a remarkable oak cask fermented kombucha made with the South African medicinal tea infused with Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla.
3) Hibiscus : White Monkey green tea kombucha infused with hibiscus flowers… as beautiful to behold as it is to drink.
4) Blueberry : a hand-crafted Blueberry and Rooibos blend using Urban Yoga Foundation tea.
5) Golden Flower Oolong : smooth & rich in flavor with notes of wood and floral overtones, oolong tea has long been heralded as an elixir of health and longevity.
6) Hojicha : Fire roasted Japanese green tea gives this seasonal offering a toasted caramel flavor and natural sweetness.
|1) Love Potion : a rich and peppery honey-based kombucha “wine”, fermented with two aphrodisiac herbs in an oolong base.
3% alcohol by volume
5.16 gallon Kegs & 16oz Bottles
|2) Mava Roka : Maple Vanilla Rooibos Kombucha Ale. Our first confident step into the world of ale fermentation. All the B vitamins, amino acids and digestive enzymes from kombucha, and absolutely astonishing ale flavors that come in waves of sweet, sour, then sweet again…
6.5% alcohol by volume
5.16 gallon Kegs & 16oz Bottles (Extremely Limited Availability)